Tuesday, September 14, 2010

PERCEPTION OF TIME

Coming back to a place that has not changed since I was last there did a great deal of distortion to my sense of time.  'It seems like only yesterday" started floating through my head.  As a noted baseball catcher used to say, "It was deja vu all over again". 

It is also very foreign  feeling to turn on the radio, as I did in the car, while waiting for someone.  I went through all the stations and could find NO PBS!  Rush Limbaugh was raving his lies and hateful, criticisms and opinions,as usual, ministers preaching horrible results as though they have a direct line to G
od, and everything else was country and western music or rock!  I decided that I need to keep ALL my opinions to myself for the remaining two weeks.here.

Everyday like this feels like 48 hours and, I suppose, that will seem to give me life extension...but it doesn't feel like that when even thoughts of oblivion start looking good.  I'm with someone with whom I spent childhood  and she gives me constant reruns of my life.

Today I'm luckily being visited by a friend I haven't seen for 42 years.  I think I'm now in some alternate world because the past is wafting over me in heavyh clouds of images.  The only thing unchanged from the today is the old lady who looks back at me in the mirror and the aches in my joints.


No comments: