Wednesday, October 24, 2012

WHERE HAS MY STRESS-FREEE LIFE GONE?

Having decided to live a stress-free life for whatever years are left to me, I freely confess that the Presidential campaign is  making that pledge to myself very difficult to keep.  Stress is minimized if I avoid ever watching the Fox News Channel, anyone leaning in a Republican direction, or people wasting their vote to 'make a statement'.(which is known only to themselves.as they whistle to the wind).

Tonight I strayed even further off course.  Feeling sorry for my house guest, I strayed further away from my pledge by forcing myself to sit still for a whole half hour and watch Jeopardy or was it The Price Is Ruight?   Focus on anything other than picking apart everything one can find to pick apart of the debate between Romney and President Obama is doomed to failure at present.

Even Facebook has been hi-jacked by the campaign.  My ears are ringing with the slogan, "It's not about Obama; it's about yo' Mama."  As I drive, I want to tear campaign signs off lawns.  I tense at voices that sound like Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Paul Ryan, and countless others whose messages make me want to scream, "How can you be so wrong?"

Oh well, it is, at last, time to go to bed. I'm too tired to write a blog tonight.

3 comments:

Frank J. Lhota said...

According to Pew research, there is a news channel even more biased than Fox:

http://www.journalism.org/analysis_report/winning_media_campaign_2012

Yiayia said...

I don't know from whom Pew got its statistics. I never heard one lie about Romney from Obama and almost always new lies about Obama from Romney. I don't understand your point. Do lots of people say stupid and angry things? Of course. Do stupid people believe the lies and never look further, Of course!

Frank J. Lhota said...

The Pew Research Center got its statistics from its own research. The report I cited from the Pew Research Center's Project for Excellence in Journalism did not deal with the veracity of our presidential candidates. The Pew study looked into the coverage of the campaign, and found that MSNBC was even more biased than Fox.